Glasnik Antropološkog društva Srbije
prethodni naslov Glasnik Antropološkog društva Jugoslavije (ISSN: 0351-1480) do 2007
izdavač(i) Antropološko društvo Srbije, Niš i Univerzitet u Nišu - Prirodno-matematički fakultet, Niš
veb adresa www.antropoloskodrustvosrbije.com/?q=content/glasnik-antropolo%C5%A1kog-dru%C5%A1tva-srbije
početna godina 2008
glavni urednik Perica Vasiljević, Univerzitet u Nišu, Prirodno-matematički fakultet, Departman za biologiju i ekologiju
adresa uredništva Bulevar dr Zorana Đinđića, 81-III-170,18000 Niš
osoba za kontakt Perica Vasiljević
kategorija časopisa K52, K52
CEON WoS IF2 0,000
CEON WoS IF5 0,000
CEON IF5 0,050
referisan u SCIndeks
CrossRef/DOI CEON posredstvom SCIndeks Asistenta
OA status indeksiran u DOAJ
licenca CC BY-SA
- Body composition of top wrestlers
- Each functional-a diagnostic procedure begins with morphological anthropometry. Measured anthropometric dimensions talk about the current morphological athletes status as a result of hereditary factors and adaptations to the impact of training and nutrition. Anthropometric measures in the diagnosis are used to determine body composition and constitution somatotype of athletes. Body composition means the relative representation of different constituent elements of human body weight (Houtkooper and Going, 1994). To day there are many methods used for quantitative analysis of the composition of the body. These were all anthropometric methods that are based on the application of generalized square equations, methods of bioelectrical impedance and underwater measurement method. In sport are of great importance information obtained by establishing the relationship between certain anthropometric dimensions. In order of that, as normative are used certain indexes and standards. The subject of this paper is the body composition of elite Serbian wrestlers. The aim of this study was to determine differences in body composition of the top wrestlers in relation to the wrestling category, on the basis of 21 anthropometric measures, at the beginning of the preparatory period. Sample consisted of 29 senior Serbian wrestlers, categorized into the national and international category. The subjects were an average of 174.25 ± 6.1 cm high, 74.52 ± 12.93 kg heavy. Multivariate analysis of variance (Manova) has found statistically significant differences between different categories of top wrestlers.
- Body diameters in 3 - 6 years old children from Plovdiv
- The purpose of the research is to analyze the body diameters in 3-6 year old children. The biacromial diameters were taken as well as the two chest diameters, the bicristal and bitrohanterial diameters in 316 children (157 boys and 159 girls) 3, 4, 5 and 6 years of age attending kindergarten in Plovdiv. The analysis shows that all diameters, with the exception of the bitrohanterial have higher values in boys. The absolute year's increment of the diameters is greater in girls. The growth velocity of the researched features is greatest at the age of 3-4 and 4-5, decreasing at different rates for the different features at the age of 5-6. The only exception is the sagittal chest diameter in both sexes and the bitrohanterial diameters in girls.
- Body height and weight in adult population in Srem, Banat and Bačka (Vojvodina)
- The anthropological study of body height, weight and BMI in 919 adult males and 870 females was conducted in rural regions of Vojvodina Province, located in the north of the Republic of Serbia. All three regions of Vojvodina were included: Bačka in the northwest, Banat in the east and Srem in the southwest. The average age of male and female subjects was 37.54± 10.26 and 37.89± 10.28, respectively. All the subjects were of Serbian nationality with ancestors born in Vojvodina. The findings of this study suggest small differences in body constitution in adult population of Serbian nationality throughout Vojvodina. The highest body height and weight exist among the population of Bačka but these are lower in Srem. The average BMI does not differ significantly. BMI categorization indicated that the greatest number of males was overweight with the exception of Banat where there is a higher percentage of males with normal weight (41.34%). The higher percentage of obesity exist in Srem (23.34%) and is somewhat lower in Banat and Bačka (about 19.7%). The majority of females have normal weight in all 3 regions. There is a lower percentage of obese females in Srem (13.38%) but a higher percentage in Banat (16.32%) and Bačka (18.8%). .
- Body posture present among children of both sexes
- The research was carried out on 235 examinees, boys and girls, from the ages of 11 to 15. The aim was to determine how much bad body posture is represented among this group of children of both sexes. By overviewing and analyzing individual segments according to the method of Napoleon Wolanski, an assessment was made of the postural status of the examinees. The information for this study was borrowed from the research project called: 'Antropological status and physical activity of Vojvodina's population' carried out on the Faculty of Sport and Physical Education in Novi Sad. After analyzing the research results it was found that there are statistically important differences in: how they hold their shoulders and shoulder blades and in the development of their chests. The girls have a better status in all three segments. There are no significant differences between boys and girls in how they hold their heads and stomachs, in the shapes of their legs and the arch of their feet.
- Cadaver identification
- The identification of human remains in forensic cases is at best a problem, more so if the body is decomposed. Personal identification is a field where pathology, anthropology, odontology, and even genetics must merge. Specific features and descriptors (such as scars, moles, gross anomalies) may be sufficient for identification. However, in more complex cases, four main disciplines are involved in the identification of human remains: DNA, fingerprint analysis, odontology, and anthropology. Forensic anthropology are valid alternative methods. The sex characteristics can be precisely proved from DNA tests. However, age can be estimated by skeletal, and dental analysis. Forensic facial re construction is the reproduction of the lost or unknown facial features of an individual, for the purposes of recognition and identification. Skull/photograph superimposition is the most prevalent method by which unknown skulls are being identified, since a photograph of the suspected dead person can be easily obtained from the victim's family. This reference introduces a number of different specialties such as: dactiloscopy, fotografs, odontograms, skeletal remains, facial reconstruction and superimposition. .
- Carabell's cusp in children from Niš
- The aim of the study was to define the frequency and location of Carabelli's cusp as well as its expression level in children from Niš, aged between 7 and 18. We used the method by Zubov to analyse a sample of 480 study models for male and female orthodontic patients in Clinic of Stomatology, Niš (240 boys and 240 girls). Carabelli's cusp was found in 225 patients, which is 46,88 % of our examinees, although it was mostly present in males (54,22%). Most frequently, Carabelli's cusp was located on maxillary M1 (79.56%),whereas it rarely occurred simultaneously on both m2 and M1 (20.44%). Stages II and III were common for both genders. Stage II was common for female examinees (41.75%), whereas stage III was common for male examinees (39.34%). .
- Carcinoma vesicae upinariae and blood type
- This study has for an object to compare blood type in 297 patients (214 males and 83 females) with carcinoma vesicae urinariae to total Bulgarian population. Blood type A is more common in patients group so in males too (p < 0,05). Sex distribution shows significantly higher frequency in males compared to females (p < 0.001). .
- Cephalometric characteristics of children and adolescents from the Eastern Rhodope region - Bulgaria
- The purpose of this paper is to characterize the age dynamics and specificity of the developmental processes of head features in children and adolescents from the region of Eastern Rhodope. To achieve this goal we used transversal data collected for 1481 children and adolescents. 8 head and facial features were measured by the classical methodology of Martin-Saller (1957). Based on the directly recorded features, four indices were calculated. It is a peculiarity of the postnatal growth of all cephalometric features that growth curves are not intersected. Results show that boys have higher dimensions of the features that characterize the cranial and facial parts of the head than those of girls. The dimensions of the cranial part are ahead in its development in comparison to the dimensions of the facial part of the head, as it was observed in both sexes. In both boys and girls, the width cephalometric features complete their growth earlier than the height features. The shape of the head in the children and adolescents under observation is from the category 'mesocephalic', and wider facial shapes dominate in both sexes.
- Changes in cardio vascular fitness after the completion of the curricula of physical activities
- This study deals with the effects of ten-day curriculum of physical activities in nature Course on functional abilities of male students. The research was carried out on a sample of 22-25 year old students who attended the Activities in Nature Course at the Faculty of Sport and Physical Education in Niš. Five variables which encompassed the functional abilities were measured ( pulse under load, fitness index, maximum oxygen consumption, systolic pressure of arterial blood, diastolic pressure of arterial blood). Statistica 6.0., a statistical package for data processing, was applied in these analyses. Basic parameters of descriptive statistics were calculated for all the results (arithmetical mean, minimum value, maximum value, range, standard deviation). Discriminative analysis was applied in defining the differences between the initial and final measurements. Research results have shown that statistically vital changes occurred (p= .041). While the greatest changes occurred in the variables of systolic pressure of arterial blood (TASIA) and pulse under load (PULSE), the smaller ones occurred in variables of maximum oxygen consumption (VO2 max), fitness index (FITIND) and diastolic pressure of arterial blood (TADIA). .
- Changes in demographic structure of Zavoj, Velika and Mala Lukanja as result of flooding
- Geologikal change in the terrain of the Pirot region of Zavoj occurred in 1963 due to land stides as result of climatic changes which themselves led to modified river flows. This was cause for new effect of water on stability of the inhabited terrain. Also, very fertile garden - type, arable and grazing land were endangered for good. This led to a new demographic situation. Villages were depopulated and the valley flooded and turned into a reservoir. Former inhabitants of the region moved away and changed their lifestyle and occupations. Natural and artificial changes of the terrain inhabited by the population of several villages, Zavoj, Velika and Mala Lukanja, resulted in important demographic changes that automatically involved changes in the field of economy and habitation, as well as in the sphere of spiritual culture. Particular customs, special family organization and all that made them specific disappeared. By migrating to urban environment, inhabitants of the region that had to be flooded became an integral part of some other living milieu, somewhat influencing their new environment which in turn affected them far more, since it slowly but surely assimilated them into its cliche. .
- Characteristic of the sexual maturity of adolescents from the region of South-East Rodopi Mountains at the age of 7 to 17 years
- The results showed that in boys the first sign of sexual maturity is the beginning of enlargement of testicles and penis (Re1 - 10years and 8months), and then followed by hair-growing on the pubic area (R1 - 11years and 4months), after that hair-growing on the body (T1 - 11years and 11months), the appearance of hairs at the axillary pit (Ah1 - 12years and 4months) and voice mutation (Mu1 - 13years and 2months). The beginning of breast glands swelling coincides in time with the first stage of facial hair-growing (13years and 3months). The Adam's apple has the latest development (Ad1 - 13years and 7months). In girls, from the south-east Rhodopi Mountains, the puberty starts with the parallel development of mammary glands and hair-growing on the pubic area at the age of 9years and 7months. Then it is the axillary hair-growing (10years and 9months), followed by hair-growing on the body (11years and 8months), while the average age of menarche occurrence is 12years and 3months.
- Characteristics of maxillary incisor palatal surface
- The aim of the study was to define the level of expression of the palate papillae as well as the number of tubercles on the palatinal surface of the permanent maxillari incisors. According to Zubov, the palate papillae were classified into VI stages, and the number of tubercles into V stages. The study was performed on a sample of 600 study models for orthodontic patients from Nish (300 male subjects and 300 female subjects). Regarding the expression of the palate papillae of the central maxillary incisors, our results indicate that stage I is dominating in both genders (74,6 %), as well as stage II 24,7 %). Stage I (71,3 %) and stage O (30%) are dominating in the lateral dominating In the central maxillary incisors (61 % and 23,6 %), therefore stages IV and I are dominating in the lateral maxillariy incisors (68,3 % and 13,5 %). .