Glasnik Antropološkog društva Srbije
prethodni naslov Glasnik Antropološkog društva Jugoslavije (ISSN: 0351-1480) do 2007
izdavač(i) Antropološko društvo Srbije, Niš i Univerzitet u Nišu - Prirodno-matematički fakultet, Niš
veb adresa www.antropoloskodrustvosrbije.com/?q=content/glasnik-antropolo%C5%A1kog-dru%C5%A1tva-srbije
početna godina 2008
glavni urednik Perica Vasiljević, Univerzitet u Nišu, Prirodno-matematički fakultet, Departman za biologiju i ekologiju
adresa uredništva Bulevar dr Zorana Đinđića, 81-III-170,18000 Niš
osoba za kontakt Perica Vasiljević
kategorija časopisa K52, K52
CEON WoS IF2 0,000
CEON WoS IF5 0,000
CEON IF5 0,050
referisan u SCIndeks
CrossRef/DOI CEON posredstvom SCIndeks Asistenta
OA status indeksiran u DOAJ
licenca CC BY-SA
- Characteristics of recovery in physical education curriculum
- One of the important problems concerning physical education curriculum is the problem of working ability increase. This is achieved only by the increase in volume and workload intensity. However, their increasing rise can exert negative influence on the health and functional state of the pupils, and the sports results achievement as well. Therefore a considerable attention should be drawn to the recovery as an integral part of the physical education curriculum. This paper gives review of the factors influencing fatigue and the recovery speed in athletes. It also gives basic features of the recovery program for pupils. .
- Characteristics of the areas of palatal plicae
- We studied the number and expression of plicae, the direction of their spreading and the shape and size of their areas in the study models of 432 children from Niš. The same numbers of plicae in both sides were registered in 56.48%, most often in the combination of 4+4 (55.74%). Different numbers appeared in 43.52%, where the combination of 3+4 dominated (78.72%). The plicae in the first two pairs were medium-expressed in 74% and highly expressed in 23.15%. Other plicae were generally poorly expressed (58.27%). The direction of their position was mainly mesial (almost 70%) for all the pairs of plicae, or it was combined with the straight or, rarely, distal directions. The areas of all the plicae were wave-shaped in 87% and wave/y-shaped in 29%. The area size varied in both directions, it ranged from 8-15 mm, most frequently 11 and 12 mm (56.41%) in the transversal, while in the sagittal plane it was 10-17 mm, with the value of 14 mm in 30%. The individual variability of palatal plicae is very high, and there is no uniformity even in MZ twins. .
- Charles Darwin
- During 2009. Humanity has with reason celebrated 200th anniversary of Charles Darwins birth. Goal of this proclamation is to draw attention to Darwins life, scientific orientation, under standing of creation and development of man and significance of Darwins work for modern science. Charles Darwin comes from prominent and very educated family. In his youth he was eager about hunting and introducing with nature. On his trip around the world on the ship 'Beagle' (1831-1836) he had collected precious scientific material and studied creation and development of modern organic world. He published his conclusions in numerous scientific arguments and especially in 'On the origin of species' (1859) and 'Descent of man' (1871). Scientific work about origins and development of organic world and man Darwin had based on numerous exact facts which he obtained from his studies at that time. Darwins scientific work concerning creation and development of man and organic life still hasn't lost it's significance. Modern positivistic and exact experimental researches, motivated by Darwins ideas, mostly confirm his theory of evolution of man and other organic life. Former statical under standing of life and world has, thanks to Darwins scientific creativity, been amended by exact researches. .
- Checking of position of face organs with anatomical structures of skull in frontal position, important regarding superposition (experimental work on the topogram of author's head)
- For proper execution of superposition as a method in face identification of missing persons, it is necessary to have an accurate insight into the correlation between face organs and skull. The works of many scientists (anatomists, anthropologists) and artists (painters and sculptors) made the canons of proportion of face and body. The work presents checking the position of face organs with anatomic structures of skull on topogram in frontal position. It represents the first experimental work of this kind in our country. Topographic-anatomic images of the head of author himself were used. Images were made on August, 25. 2006. using MS (Multislice) CT unit at the Institute for Radiology, Clinical Center of Vojvodina, Novi Sad. A total of 33 of head images in frontal position were selected. Recordings show the gradual ''removal'' of the skin, muscles and blood vessels of the head in order to display the projection of face organs to anatomical structures of the skull. It can be clearly observed the central position of the eyeball lenses in orbital cavities, eyelids annexes, nostrils width and position of the tip of the nose in relation to the edges of the piriform aperture of skull. Correlation of facial soft tissue anthropometric points and skull anthropometric points is clearly observed in the frontal position of the head.
- Comparation of morphological characteristics and motor skills between alpinists and other athletes
- Alpinism is climbing to high mountains every season by hardly accessible and steep walls due to the discovery of the beauty of the natural environment, as well as the strengthening of physical strength, endurance and will. To ensure that alpinists are able to successfully and safely perform their ascents and achieve top sporting results, well-developed motor skills, as well as balanced morphological characteristics are necessary. Motor skills are the result of complex man's ability to manifest motor structures in certain activities, which integrate psychic characteristics, biochemical processes and functional changes. The aim of the research is to examine the differences in the morphological characteristics and motor skills of alpinists and other athletes, ages 16-26, both sexes. The sample of the respondents is 30 athletes, 15 alpinists (6 women and 9 men) and 15 other athletes (8 women and 7 men). It has been found that male alpinists are different from other athletes to the extent of BMI body composition. Women alpinists differ from other athletes in the capacity of the explosive muscle strength of the leg armpit. Alpinists, both sexes have better results than other athletes, both sexes in the relative strength and stamina of the upper body. Between alpinists and other athletes, both sexes have no difference in motor skills, agility and speed of movement, and ability to maintain balance on the front of the foot. The paper presents a good starting point for trainers to learn morphological characteristics and motor skills, as well as to plan the training process in the future.
- Comparative analysis of anthropometric parameters of the primary school pupils of urban and rural Doboj region
- An investigation was conducted on the sample of primary school students in urban area with the aim of analyzing the anthropometric parameters between boys and girls entering 1st-9th grade. The main objective is to determine the frequency and causes of obesity in the population of school children with the intention of preventing the risks of developing the 'modern man' diseases (diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, the development of metabolic syndromes, coronary heart disease, etc). The basic anthropometric parameters were measured: body weight and height, chest, waist and hips circumference, and from the obtained values the following were calculated: body mass index, ratio of waist circumference to body height and ratio of waist circumference to hips circumference. The comparison of the results according to age and sex of the pupils is expected to give the values that might answer some questions, such as: the degree of development and nutritional status of schoolchildren according to age and sex in relation to the environment in which they live, the annual increment of the measured parameters value, the differences between age and gender groups. Results were compared with parameters of growth and development of the children of same age in rural areas based on earlier research. The goal of the study is to confirm or reject the existence of a linear regression in correlation to some anthropometric parameters in relation to sex and age of the pupils from urban and rural areas, by means of the allometric method.
- Comparative analysis of morphological characteristics of two generations of football players
- Thorough knowledge of anthropological characteristics of athletes that achieve superior results may show which direction one should take during selection and training process. The aim of this research was to perform a comparative analysis of morphological characteristics of two generations of football players. The sample comprised 54 players aged 23.74 years, who are members of FK Vojvodina Novi Sad divided into two groups. The first group consists of 26 players aged 24.57±2,55 years from the season 2004/2005, while the second group of 28 players aged 22.96±2,86 years from the season 2010/2011. Sample measures for the evaluation of morphological characteristics are: height, weight, ideal body weight, muscle and fat component. The first group of players has higher values of body height, ideal body weight and muscle components, and less body weight and significantly lower values of fat component.
- Comparing the indicators of growth and development of seven year old girls from different intervals
- Growth and development are important for altogether following every individual, as for whole population through observation of some parameters, so it is possible to compare between generations from different periods. In this way, could be brought the conclusion about the presence of acceleration or deceleration in growth and development, what was the elementary purpose of this research. Research pattern have been made of two subpatterns. Girls born in 1980 (measured in 1987) and girls born in 2001 (measured 2008). In first subpattern were 153 examiners(girls) and in second 85. Research had six anthropometric variables(body mass, body height, middle pectoral perimeter, thickness of skin wrinkle on upper arm, back and stomach). For establishing the differences between the groups multivariant(MANOVA) and univariant (ANOVA) analysis of variance had been applied. Acquired results have been processed by statistical package Statistica 6.0. Results showed that there are statistically significant differences between two sevenaged generations of girls, in all measured variables, except in body height. Numerically bigger values are marked at girls measured 2008, with the notification that important acceleration in body height is not established. .
- Comparison intercuspal mandible position twins
- The twins are the miracle of fetal biology, medical reproductive challenge, the closest and most durable biological connection. The aim is to identify, evaluate and compare the type, number and location interjaw functional contacts in the intercuspal position of the mandible, with MZ monozygotic (identical) twins. Analysis of occlusal relationships in the most stable-intercuspal comparison was done on a sample of 60 identical twins, by 15 female and 15 male pairs, chronological ages 18 to 40, in which the means of articulation papers specific localization and distribution of contact relationships, in the region of the lateral teeth. Results of this study showed that in the lateral region, 57 respondents or 95%, has the modalities of occlusal relationships lump-ridges-marginal edge. Average more occlusal contacts identified in males (25.1) than in female twin pairs (19.1). Also, in male couples registered more three points (M: F = 7: 1), two points by gender is equal 24:12, and contacts at one point they outnumber men (22), compared to female respondents (18). Less Similarities than expected sameness, proving that the number, distribution and intensity of occlusal contacts in the mandible vary individually.
- Comparison of athropometrical measures among young female footballers and girls who are not involved in sports
- The aim of this research is to gain relevant knowledge about significant differences in some anthropometric measures among female footballers and girls who are not involved in any sport at all. The sample comprised 107 female subjects. They were divided into two groups - female footballers and girls who are not involved in any sport. The selected group of female footballers (54 average age, 16,3 years) represents the girls from various clubs in Vojvodina and Serbia (representatives of Vojvodina and Western Serbia). The group of girls who are not involved in any sport (53 average age, 16, 9 years) consists of students of secondary school 'Svetozar Miletic' in Novi Sad. The sample of variables comprised 12 anthropometrical measures that defined longitudinal and transverse dimensions of the skeleton, volume and body mass, and subcutaneous fat (in accordance with the International Biological Programme). Both multivariate analysis of variance (MANOVA) and univariate analysis of variance (ANOVA) were performed in order to determine the significant differences at the multivariate and univariate level. Based on the results, it was concluded that 8 variables out of 12 applied variables, showed significant differences between the groups. The following variables did not show any differences: knee diameter, weight, maximum volume of the lower leg and calf skin fold, while the following variables showed statistical significance in favor of the girls who are not involved in any sport: height, foot length, pelvic width, shoulder width and maximum thigh circumference.
- Comparison of differences and methods in measurement of edentulous ridges on panoramic radiographs
- Aim. Aim of the study was to assess differences of measurement of edentulous ridge's height towards referent line of mandibular basis, and separately towards lower edge of panoramic radiograph. Material i methods. 231 panoramic radiographs (167 of edentulous individuals and 64 of maximally toothless individuals, aged 43 to 89 years) were selected. Two methods of measurement were applied: method of selection of distance height on the line from edentulous ridge to line of a base of edentulous mandible, and measurement of height from edentulous ridge to lower edge of panoramic radiograph. Results. Pearson's r=0.604 (r=0.613 for men, and r=0.591 for women) was calculated, indicating statistically significant differences of heights measured by each method. Conclusion. Significant differences of height of edentulous ridge were measured, because of differences in positions and inclinations of lines. Resorption of edentulous ridge and concave form of ridge influence numerical values of height of edentulous ridge. Height which was measured onto mandibular base line is reliable parameter in situations where resorption changed edentulous ridge's form. .
- Comparison of morphological characteristics on participants in football school
- During the twenty century it is observed that there are a lot of changes in the field of growth and development new generation familiar as acceleration of growth and development. The main goal of this research evaluates the significant differences on some morphological characteristics in two generation who are the same age. The sample involves 45 boys from the football school aged eight years old who were tested in 1997 and 64 boys from the same football school who were tested in 2007. The sample of variables involves 12 anthropometrical measures which define longitudinal and transversal measures of skeleton, volume and physical size of the body and skin folds. It was concluded that the boys who were measured in 2007 have higher means in all longitudinal dimensions of skeleton, transversals dimensions of skeleton, physical size and volumes of body. It was also concluded that there are no significant differences in skin folds.