Zbornik radova Instituta za savremenu istoriju
Tokom svoje istorije, ISI je ostvario bogatu izdavačku delatnost objavljujući monografije, tematske zbornike, zbornike građe, periodične publikacije, hronologije i bibliografije. Publikacije izlaze u pet biblioteka: (1) Studije i monografije, (2) Posebna izdanja, (3) Skrivana istorija, (4) Zbornici radova, (5) Dokumenta.
- A Botched Civilization
- Summary/Abstract: World War I was a graveyard for European poets, but it is by studying the poets, those who fought, those who died, and those who never went to war, that we can best understand the impact of the war. The worst political fruits of this period are found in the self-hating internationalism of the Surrealists and their allies, but the virulent nationalism of the Action Française offered no wholesome remedy for the disease.
- BITKA ZA PROŠLOST - STVARANJE ISTORIJSKE SVESTI O DRUGOM SVETSKOM RATU U JUGOSLAVIJI
- Summary/Abstract: The Second World War topics, described in a politically ’acceptable’ way, were the realm of politically ’suitable’ authors. This trend has lasted until the end of 20th century. Such an approach stressed their own importance in past and within the new post war structure of power. Therefore, victors decided that this war was not ended, especially the inner war within Yugoslavia. The most effective way to influence the consciousness of many generations has been demonstrated apart from endless manifestations and celebrations of the new, pseudo religious holidays, through the erection of monuments and renaming of streets and institutions. Most important were the monuments turned to be landmarks of the cities, their symbols and most recognizable traits. The very great number of monuments was designed to create an eternal official image of past, and of the Communist victory. More decades of such practice have left a negative traces in the historical consciousness. Instead of the sobering role that a scholar approach implies, the ideological blindness overwhelmed. A scientific consciousness about history was destroyed. Because of an disabled truthful approach, one or another mythology have prevailed within the historical consciousness.
- BRITANCI I JUGOSLAVENSKO TERITORIJALNO-NACIONALNO PITANJE IZ 1945 – ISTORIJSKA RETROSPEKTIVA
- Summary/Abstract: Serbian war allies Britons had a decisive role in the creation of the borders of the Banovina Hrvatska in August 1939, but also, in all probability, in the creation of the post-Yugoslav borders during 1990’s, which, by the will of Western liberal democracies became state borders. Great Britain tried to influence as much as it was possible the formation of the inner administrative borders, which were since their creation in 1945/1946 were federative, with the confederal tendencies. We don have documentary sources, but it could be assumed by analogy,that apart from the Soviet influence, Western liberal democracies centred around London and Washington, decided about the border lines.
- French Historiography And The Recent Research And Debates On Great War And Alliance Between France And Serbia
- Summary/Abstract: French historiography about the Great War has taken a new direction from about twenty years. A “culture of war” has been studied in order to explain how the French soldiers and the French society could hold in the war. Concerning the battleground, a sharp debate has opposed those who put forth the “consent” of the soldiers and those who favoured their “assent” as an explanation for the lasting of the war. The studies concerning Serbia in the Great War do not take an important place in the French historiography of the Great War. Moreover, the French debate concerning a cultural approach is not really in use from the part of the historians who have studied the Balkans at war. The French authors focus on the diplomatic relations between France and Serbia. They generally consider that the two countries were allied because of their common interests and not according to an alleged friendship. Another point concerns the military cooperation. The historians agree to state that in spite of difficulties, a real brotherhood in arms did exist and helped to make the two nations closer. At last, a new ground of research concerns the image of the Serbs in the French public opinion during the Great War. This image of the Serbian fighter was positive and it has been shown as a model for the French “Poilus” thanks to the action of the war propaganda. It helped to forge in the French minds the idea of a strong ally and the myth of a French-Serbian friendship.
- Gerila kao specifičan vid društvenog konflikta
- Summary/Abstract: Theoretical elaboration of guerrilla as a social conflict starts from several premises or questions and these are: does this form of conflict have a positive function towards the occupier or the internal system; does this external or internal social conflict has positive influence on inter-group cohesion; do these social conflicts result in strengthening of social bonds and positive social changes; do they have, in addition to class causes, some other class-independent grounds and causes: local-regional, ethnic-national, professional, confessional, ideological, political, philosophically oriented, moral and other. The answers to these questions entail a long-term and studious approach, which would lead to adequate contents and universal analyses, their motives, factors, causes and consequences. These efforts should be directed at more exactness that would sublime various empirical and quantitativestatistic researches. Since this paper has no such pretensions, and due to impossibility to give all proper answers to the questions of the real essence of guerrilla as a conflict, it maintains at the higher level of generalization.